I usually have no defense when it comes to peanut butter and chocolate. This delicious combo always wins, and I’m okay with that♡ The only tricky (vegan) part was finding REAL CHOCOLATE chips. You will see a lot of Carob (chocolate substitute not real chocolate) which is fine I guess… but I wanted real chocolate. I would suggest looking at Whole Foods. These chocolate peanut butter balls are so amazing lets get right to it!
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 2 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1 (10 oz) bag semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup whole peanuts
- sea salt
– Place crispy brown rice cereal in a food processor and pulse until no large crispy chunks remain.
– In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, syrup and sea salt, mix well over low heat until well combined.– In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter syrup and crispy brown rice cereal. Mix well. Form mixture into 1″ balls, placing on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. *tip* coat your hands in coconut oil to prevent mixture from sticking to your hands ☺
– Place chocolate and almond milk in a double boiler (bowl sitting on top of smaller sauce pan) over low heat, whisk slowly until combined. You might have to keep adding almond milk to keep this mixture runny.
– Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate, covering completely, and return to baking sheet.– Sprinkle with salt and finely chopped peanuts.
– Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set. Enjoy! Happy Baking!!