Imagine being able to wake up and pour a cup of cold brewed coffee with out all the mess … filter/k-cup, coffee grinder, cleaning out the old coffee and preparing the new, EVERYDAY.. UGH! This Sunday you can prepare one big batch for the week and then it’s done. And you will appreciate the taste of cold brew, rather then brewing hot coffee and cooling it off via refrigerator or watering it down with ice. No thank you!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 containers large enough to hold at least 4 quarts of liquid, bigger the better, with a wide mouth
- Strainer big enough to hook onto the sides of the container
- Cheese cloth or paper towels
- Big sealed pitcher with spigot
- Ground premium coffee
- Filtered water -spring water is the best
Here’s what I’ve figured out for coffee water ratio. Of course play around with it to your own liking ☺
- 8 quarts of water for 16 oz of ground premium coffee
- 6 quarts of water for 12 oz of ground premium coffee
- 4 quarts of water for 8 oz of ground premium coffee
- Dump coffee into large container and measure out desired water amount. 2. Add water to grounds.
- Cover and leave in refrigerator over night preferably 24 hours.
- The next day position strainer over empty container and line with cheese cloth or paper towels.