OK, these cookie dough bites are the most amazing thing I have ever had! The sunflower seeds pair so well with the chocolate and it’s good for you! Sunflower seeds have anti-inflammatory benefits and are high in Vitamin E. Did you know the magnesium in sunflower seeds can help calm nerves?
No baking involved, these delicious snacks are ready in about 45 minutes with refrigerator time. You will need a coffee grinder to grind your raw sunflower seeds and your oatmeal. I highly recommend the raw sunflower seeds, but you can also use cashews or any other nut flavor you like.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of ground raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of ground oatmeal
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter – softened
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add remaining ingredients mix all together.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes you can also drizzle chocolate over top!
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!!!
- Store in refrigerator.