- pillsbury dough crescent croissants
- half a pound of bacon (healthier option turkey bacon) Or simply omit meat entirely
- 8 large eggs
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- green green onions chopped for toping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. With a rolling pin, flatten croissants triangles slightly, then press triangles into each muffin cup, with a cookie cutter trim excess dough, making sure croissant dough comes up to edge of cup, overlapping slightly. Use extra croissant dough to patch any gaps.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium, until almost crisp, 4 minutes, flipping once. (It will continue to cook in the oven.) Lay 1 bacon slice in each bread cup and crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen croissants. Serve immediately.
If want to save left overs, store in air tight container, heat up in oven.
Eggs are a great source of protein but small in serving size. You can have and egg in the morning and the protein will keep your hunger under control till lunch or a healthy snack. Eggs are also a great source for Omega 3’s, which help with reducing inflammation. Other benefits include brain and nerve health, the list goes on!